1/1 Photo of Moroccan Fried Eggplant
Is usually eaten as a finger food and side dish for fried fish.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Wash the eggplants and cut off the ends.
- 2Pare the skin off of the eggplants in strips to leave a striped effect.
- 3Cut each eggplant into 1/4" slices and set aside.
- 4In a mixing bowl, blend the beaten eggs with the spices. Add the eggplant and mix well so the eggplant slices are coated.
- 5In a large frying pan, pour enough oil to coat the bottom.
- 6Heat the oil for several minutes over medium heat. Once the oil is hot, cook the eggplant in batches, turning over several times, until golden brown.
- 7Transfer to a plate lined with paper towels to drain.
- 8Serve warm or at room temperature.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Moroccan Fried Eggplant
Serving Size: 1 (300 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 104.4
- Calories from Fat 28
- Total Fat 3.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.8 g
- Cholesterol 105.7 mg
- Sodium 332.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.3 g
- Sugars 6.6 g
- Protein 6.0 g