Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
This gorgeous recipe has bright, fresh flavours and looks fantastic. It is also Weight Watchers friendly- the version I made was 11 points per serving, using the leanest ground beef and low fat yoghurt. The last ingredient should read "4 garlic and coriander MINI naan breads" but Recipezaar could not recognise it- these naan breads are about the size of a hand and should be garlic and coriander flavour as plain ones just don't give the same flavour!
- 1 red onion
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley leaves
- 1 lb fresh ground beef or 1 lb fresh ground lamb
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup plain natural yoghurt (can use Greek)
- 4 naan bread (garlic and coriander, should not be plain naan breads)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F or 180°C.
- Finely dice the red onion and finely chop the fresh parsley and set aside.
- In a non-stick skillet, cook the ground beef or lamb for 2 minutes, mashing it into smaller pieces with a spatula.
- Add the red onion, cumin, pine nuts, paprika and lemon juice.
- Cook the beef or lamb mixture until the meat is completely cooked, about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, spread all but 3 tablespoons of the yoghurt onto the four naan breads, as you would spread tomato sauce on a pizza and put in the oven to warm through for 5 minutes.
- Remove the meat mixture from the heat and stir through the remaining 3 tablespoons of yoghurt.
- Remove the naan breads from the oven. Share the meat mixture between the naan breads and put back in the oven for 5 minutes (don't leave it in the oven for too long as the meat would dry out and fall apart on the plate).
- Remove from the oven, scatter with the fresh parsley and serve.
Easy, delicious, and good for you too? This is a dream come true! I didn't change one thing, except add some green onion to the top, because I had them on the counter. I followed this exactly, and it was sURRREeeeeee good! Made for *Everyday is a Holiday* April 2010
Easy and delicious! This one is going into heavy rotation.
I used extra lean ground beef and Cumin Flatbread for the bread. This was tasty, but I felt there was room for additional spices & color. Thank you for sharing the recipe! I am glad I tried it. Made for ZWT6.