Recipe by Wild Jasmyne
This fish tajine can be changed and fitted to what you can afford or what is in your kitchen. Many types of fish can be used, I prefer the whole fish because it takes longer to cook which makes the veggies roast better. This is for a large tajine to feed 4-6 people. Any veggie can be added and it tastes delicious with various types of mushrooms. This is just my latest tajine recipe.
- 3 whole trout (about 10 inches long)
- 2 bunches parsley
- 2 russet potatoes
- 4 roma tomatoes
- 10 -15 white mushrooms
- 1 bunch asparagus
- 2 bell peppers (any color)
- 1 yellow onion
- 6 garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ginger powder
- 1 tablespoon ras el hanout spice mix (available at mustaphas.com)
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Finely chop parsley and garlic and put in medium bowl. Add all spices and 2 tablespoons oil. Toss together with hands.
- Chop potatoes into 1/3 inch thick circles. Chop tomatoes into quarters. Chop onion into 6 wedges. Chop bell peppers into large rings. Trim asparagus.
- Put all vegetables onto a large baking dish or tajine pan, there is no method to this just pile them on. Drizzle the rest of the olive oil over the veggies. At this point, take a little of all the spices used and lightly sprinkle over veggies (just a few pinches of each).
- Take the whole trout and stuff a small handful of the parsley mixture into each (this should be about a third of the mixture for all the fish) . Rub a little olive oil on the trout if you want to help it crisp the skin.
- Take a third of the parsley mixture and evenly coat the veggies on the pan. Lay the fish down on top of the veggies and cover the fish with the remaining parsley mixture.
- Bake in a preheated 400°F oven for about an hour or until the fish is crisp on the outside and the veggies are browned and roasted.