Recipe by Jane Gib
My Moroccan friend does this lovely fish soup, you have to leave the shells on the shell fish, as it adds to the flavour. I normaly use clams, mussels and white fish
- 2 onions, chopped
- 2 celery ribs, sliced
- 6 garlic cloves
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 red chile, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1⁄2 teaspoon coriander
- 2 potatoes, chopped
- 2 1⁄2 pints fish stock
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice
- 4 lbs mixed fish (and shellfish)
- 5 tomatoes, chopped
- 4 tablespoons dill
- 4 tablespoons parsley
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons gingerroot, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil, fry the onions and celery and cook gently until transparent.
- add garlic, ginger and chilli and fry for a further 2 minute.
- add cumin, coriander and cinnamon stick, stir and cookn for a further minute.
- add potatoes and cok for 2 minute.
- add the stock and lemon juice and simmer for 20 min or until potatoes are tender.
- add the fish and shellfish, tomatoes herbs and salt and pepper, cook on a low heat until fish is cooked. garnish with extra dill and parsley.