Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a popular dish from Morocco. Serve with Authentic Moroccan Bread (Prep time does not include marinating time.)
- 1 1⁄2 lbs firm white fish fillets (porgy, monkfish, cod, etc)
- 1⁄2 onion, grated
- 1 garlic clove, peeled & finely chopped
- 3 -4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons fresh Italian parsley, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon turmeric
- 1⁄4 teaspoon powdered saffron
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- Cut the fish into 1 inch cubes. Combine all the other ingredients then carefully mix in with the fish. Cover & let marinate in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours.
- Place the fish cubes on metal skewers & cook on the grill. Turn the skewers often so the fish does not burn. It is done once all the sides are lightly browned.
- Serve with harissa or hot red pepper sauce and thick bread.
Very good flavour indeed... the one and only problem was gettin gthe fish to stick onto the skewers and not break apart in the middle, so I endedup with a lot if "bits"of fish. next time I make this I will keep the fish fillet whole, marinate overnight and just grill them as whole pieces. Please see my Rating System: 4 excellent stars for a very tasty recipe that I will be making again soon becuase the flavours are wonderful. Thanks!