Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is an easy marinade to throw together. You can marinate any fish you'd like with this marinade, but I prefer whitefish. You only need to marinate your fish for a short amount of time - an hour or two is plenty.
- 1 cup fresh cilantro
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 lemons, juice of or 1 lime, juice of
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (more if needed)
- salt, to taste
- cayenne pepper, to taste
- In food processor or blender combine cilantro, garlic, vinegar, lemon juice, paprika, cumin, crushed red pepper, olive oil, salt, and cayenne to a fine paste. Adjust the consistency by adding more olive oil; the marinade should be fairly thick.
Very good flavor! I used it on red snapper and it was enjoyed by all. Thanks for sharing the recipe.
I've been intending to make up a batch of this for some time and when better that now! It's certainly easy to make with ingredients I always have at hand and packs a flavor punch. I've used Chermoula on fish, chicken and veggies in the past and it's always been well enjoyed.