Recipe by Nasseh
Charmoula is a Moroccan marinade use for different kinds of meat. This particular one is good for fish & seafood. (Cooking time is marinating time.)
Top Review by threeovens
I thought this recipe would be a little fussy, but oh boy was it good! I just threw everything in a ziploc bag with some jumbo shrimps. I let them marinate about 2 hours, then grilled. I served them as appetizers. Made for ZWT #6 - Family Picks.
- 44.37 ml cilantro, finely chopped
- 44.37 ml fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 2 medium garlic cloves, minced
- 1 onion, grated
- 44.37 ml olive oil
- 44.37-59.16 ml lemon juice
- 14.79 ml vinegar
- 4.92 ml salt
- 4.92 ml paprika
- 2.46 ml cumin
- 2.46 ml black pepper
- 2.46 ml turmeric
- 0.25 ml cayenne pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Blend the herbs together in a bowl with the garlic, onion, & olive oil until pasty. Stir in the vinegar, lemon juice & spices.
- Pour the charmoula over the fish you are using & sit in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours.
- Note: There should be enough charmoula to marinate 2 lbs of fish or seafood.
- Broil, bake, or grill the fish once done marinating.