Recipe by Norahs Girl
A Fresh tasty Salad ideal as a side dish for a Barbecue.
Top Review by Chef-Boy-I-Be Illinois
Healthy and delicious! The dressing takes the sharp edge off the radishes and onion, and brings everything together. I went ahead and added the orange segments to the salad after grating the rind. I served this over the watercress, but omitted the arugula and butter lettuces.
- 1 grated orange, rind of
- 3 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- 2 tablespoons limes or 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- ground pepper
- 3 tablespoons virgin olive oil
- 2 small fennel bulbs
- 1⁄2 red onion, sliced
- 6 radishes, thinly sliced
- 1 bunch watercress
- arugula leaf
- butter lettuce (to serve)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine orange juice,lime juice,salt and pepper.
- Whisk in 3 Tbls olive oil and set aside.
- Quater the fennel bulbs length wise and slice thinly.
- Place in a bowl and add the sliced onion and radishes.
- Toss in some of the dressing,then add the watercress and rocket.
- Serve the salad on the butter lettuce.
- Looks very pretty served in individual glass bowls.