1/1 Photo of Moroccan Eggplant With Garbanzo Beans
This vegetarian dish is full of flavor, substantial, and makes a complete nutritious meal high in protein. The blended spices of garam masala make this dish rich tasting without being high in fat, and can be easily found in the spice section of your favorite market. From The World's Healthiest Foods website.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon vegetable broth
- 1 large onion, sliced thin
- 5 garlic cloves, pressed
- 1 medium red bell pepper, cut in 1-inch squares
- 1 medium eggplant, cubed
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes
- 2 teaspoons turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon garam masala
- 1 (15 ounce) can garbanzo beans
- 1 (15 ounce) can lentils, drained
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 1 1/4 cups vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup raisins
- salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon cilantro, chopped
- 1Heat 1 TBS broth in a 10-12 inch skillet. Sauté onion in broth over medium heat for 5 minutes stirring frequently.
- 2Add garlic, red bell pepper, eggplant, garam masala, and turmeric.
- 3Stir to mix well for a minute, and add broth and tomato sauce.
- 4Stir again to mix.
- 5Cover, and cook over medium low heat for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until peppers and eggplant are tender.
- 6Add garbanzo beans, lentils, red chili flakes, and raisins.
- 7Simmer for another 5 minutes.
- 8Season with salt and pepper.
- 9Serve sprinkled with chopped cilantro.
Browse Our Top Lentil Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lentil Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Moroccan Eggplant With Garbanzo Beans
Serving Size: 1 (472 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 378.3
- Calories from Fat 20
- Total Fat 2.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 489.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 76.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 20.4 g
- Sugars 20.0 g
- Protein 18.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: