From the World Healthiest Foods website- sounds delicious!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced into strips
- 1 tablespoon vegetable broth
- 5 medium garlic cloves, minced
- 1 medium red bell pepper
- 1 medium eggplant
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 teaspoons turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon garam masala
- 1 (15 ounce) can garbanzo beans
- 1 (15 ounce) can red lentils, drained
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 1 1/4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1Chop pepper and eggplant into 1-inch chunks. Saute the onion in 1 T vegetable broth for 5 minutes.
- 2Add garlic, bell pepper, eggplant, and turmeric and garam masala.
- 3Stir constantly to mix ingredients for one minute before adding the rest of the broth and the tomato sauce. It is important to let the seasonings heat up before adding the liquids.
- 4Stir and cover to simmer for 15 minutes or until vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally.
- 5Mix in chili flakes, beans, and lentils then simmer for another 5 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper, adding cilantro as a finishing touch immediately prior to serving.
Browse Our Top Lentil Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lentil Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Moroccan Eggplant Stew
Serving Size: 1 (185 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 240.1
- Calories from Fat 15
- Total Fat 1.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 196.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 43.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.4 g
- Sugars 2.9 g
- Protein 14.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: