katie in the UP's Note:
This is a simple basic eggplant appetizer. It's different from the others because of the toasted cumin seeds. Posted for safe keeping. Gourmet Magazine August 2008 issue.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Toast cumin a a dry 10 inch heavy skillet over med heat, stirring occasionally, until fragrant and dark brown (careful not to burn).
- 2Cool, then grind to a powder in a spice grinder.
- 3Pan roast whole eggplant in skillet over med heat, turning frequently with tongs until blackened and tender, 20 to 30 minutes.
- 4Transfer to a cutting board and cut off and discard stem. Scrape flesh from skin and coarsely chop. Toss with onion, vinegar, sugar, 1 tbls oil, 1 tbls of parsley, 1/2 tsp toasted cumin and 1/2 tsp salt.
- 5Serve in a shallow bowl drizzled with remaining tbls oil and sprinkled with remaining tbls of parsley and toasted cumin.
- 6Serve with toasted pitas.
Browse Our Top Condiments, Etc. Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Condiments, Etc. Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Moroccan Eggplant Salad
Serving Size: 1 (143 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 100.9
- Calories from Fat 63
- Total Fat 7.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 4.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.2 g
- Sugars 4.4 g
- Protein 1.4 g