You can make more out of eggplant than just lasagna! :) Here's an unusual and tasty salad for you to enjoy.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 eggplants (2 lbs total)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons minced red sweet bell peppers
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne, to taste
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon dry sherry
- 1Peel the uncooked eggplants, then cut into 1x3-inch (approx) slices.
- 2Lay on a cookie sheet, sprinkle with the salt, and allow to"sweat" and drain for 30 minutes.
- 3Rinse well and pat dry with paper towels.
- 4Heat oil and butter in a skillet and fry the slices until both sides are golden brown, about 15 minutes.
- 5Set cooked slices on paper towels to drain of excess oil.
- 6Cut into 1/2-inch pieces and mix with the garlic, bell pepper, cayenne, and cumin.
- 7Return eggplant to the skillet, add 1 Tbsp sherry and sauté on low until liquids have evaporated, about 5 minutes.
- 8Transfer to the serving bowl, sprinkle with the dressing ingredients, and let cool.
- 9When ready to serve, toss the salad, garnish with black olives, golden raisins, currants, and parsley.
- 10Makes 6-8 servings.
- 11Adapted from a Gail's Recipe Swap post by Dawn/NYS.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Moroccan Eggplant (Aubergine) Salad II
Serving Size: 1 (144 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 191.3
- Calories from Fat 127
- Total Fat 14.1 g
- Saturated Fat 2.9 g
- Cholesterol 5.0 mg
- Sodium 455.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.8 g
- Sugars 7.0 g
- Protein 2.0 g