Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Cook1 hr 30 mins
This salad may also be served as an appetizer. It is an excellent accompaniment with couscous.
Make and share this Moroccan Eggplant (Aubergine) Salad I recipe from Food.com.
- Peel the eggplants and cut into 1 inch slices.
- In a 10-inch skillet fry the eggplant slices in olive oil until soft.
- Remove eggplant from skillet and transfer to a separate bowl; rustically mash the eggplant.
- Add onions, garlic, lemon juice, salt, freshly ground black pepper and sugar; blend thoroughly.
- Chill eggplant mixture in refrigerator 1 to 2 hours.
- Place a 1/2 cup serving of the eggplant mixture on to a salad plate and pat it down to form a circle within 1 inch of the salad plate edge.
- Place tomato slices ornately over the eggplant mixture and top with sliced black olives.
- Drizzle with a bit of olive oil and garnish with sprigs of fresh parsley.
An excellent recipe thanks Carla. I served this on a large platter-the different layers looked beautiful. The flavours were fresh and tangy. We would like to have given it more stars!