1 hr 45 mins
1 hr 30 mins
- Carla -'s Note:
This salad may also be served as an appetizer. It is an excellent accompaniment with couscous.
My Private Note
small s ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Peel the eggplants and cut into 1 inch slices.
- 2In a 10-inch skillet fry the eggplant slices in olive oil until soft.
- 3Remove eggplant from skillet and transfer to a separate bowl; rustically mash the eggplant.
- 4Add onions, garlic, lemon juice, salt, freshly ground black pepper and sugar; blend thoroughly.
- 5Chill eggplant mixture in refrigerator 1 to 2 hours.
- 6Place a 1/2 cup serving of the eggplant mixture on to a salad plate and pat it down to form a circle within 1 inch of the salad plate edge.
- 7Place tomato slices ornately over the eggplant mixture and top with sliced black olives.
- 8Drizzle with a bit of olive oil and garnish with sprigs of fresh parsley.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Moroccan Eggplant (Aubergine) Salad I
Serving Size: 1 (1847 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 191.7
- Calories from Fat 140
- Total Fat 15.6 g
- Saturated Fat 2.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 442.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.8 g
- Sugars 6.4 g
- Protein 2.0 g