Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
This salad may also be served as an appetizer. It is an excellent accompaniment with couscous.
Make and share this Moroccan Eggplant (Aubergine) Salad I recipe from Food.com.
- Peel the eggplants and cut into 1 inch slices.
- In a 10-inch skillet fry the eggplant slices in olive oil until soft.
- Remove eggplant from skillet and transfer to a separate bowl; rustically mash the eggplant.
- Add onions, garlic, lemon juice, salt, freshly ground black pepper and sugar; blend thoroughly.
- Chill eggplant mixture in refrigerator 1 to 2 hours.
- Place a 1/2 cup serving of the eggplant mixture on to a salad plate and pat it down to form a circle within 1 inch of the salad plate edge.
- Place tomato slices ornately over the eggplant mixture and top with sliced black olives.
- Drizzle with a bit of olive oil and garnish with sprigs of fresh parsley.
An excellent recipe thanks Carla. I served this on a large platter-the different layers looked beautiful. The flavours were fresh and tangy. We would like to have given it more stars!