This was my first time boiling eggplant and it turned out very good! Boiling it with the garlic makes it extra special...we were eating it plain as it was cooling. I found this recipe to be very simple and tasty. We ate it with white rice.
- Place eggplant, garlic, water and salt in a pot and bring to a boil.
- Cover and cook over medium heat for 8-10 minutes, or until eggplant cubes are cooked but still firm.
- Drain in a strainer and allow to cool.
- Place cooled eggplant in a bowl and toss gently with the remaining ingredients.
- Very nice served at room temperature.