This was my first time boiling eggplant and it turned out very good! Boiling it with the garlic makes it extra special...we were eating it plain as it was cooling. I found this recipe to be very simple and tasty. We ate it with white rice.
- Place eggplant, garlic, water and salt in a pot and bring to a boil.
- Cover and cook over medium heat for 8-10 minutes, or until eggplant cubes are cooked but still firm.
- Drain in a strainer and allow to cool.
- Place cooled eggplant in a bowl and toss gently with the remaining ingredients.
- Very nice served at room temperature.
Easy and nice dish. The dish itself was a little plain for my tastes, so I added in chopped up onion and tomatoes (well salted and peppered). I like the lemony, smokey flavour, and the ease. Eat it with rice or couscous, or toasted pita. Eaten/compared with another eggplant dish, my friend really liked them both but preferred this one!
A new and interesting way to fix eggplant for me! At first I wasn't too sure how I felt about it but after letting sit for awhile, I enjoyed the lemony cumin taste! Thank you!