Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
This was my first time boiling eggplant and it turned out very good! Boiling it with the garlic makes it extra special...we were eating it plain as it was cooling. I found this recipe to be very simple and tasty. We ate it with white rice.
- 1 large eggplant, unpeeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 5 cups water
- salt, to taste
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika (I used hot Hungarian)
- 1 -2 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- Place eggplant, garlic, water and salt in a pot and bring to a boil.
- Cover and cook over medium heat for 8-10 minutes, or until eggplant cubes are cooked but still firm.
- Drain in a strainer and allow to cool.
- Place cooled eggplant in a bowl and toss gently with the remaining ingredients.
- Very nice served at room temperature.
Easy and nice dish. The dish itself was a little plain for my tastes, so I added in chopped up onion and tomatoes (well salted and peppered). I like the lemony, smokey flavour, and the ease. Eat it with rice or couscous, or toasted pita. Eaten/compared with another eggplant dish, my friend really liked them both but preferred this one!
A new and interesting way to fix eggplant for me! At first I wasn't too sure how I felt about it but after letting sit for awhile, I enjoyed the lemony cumin taste! Thank you!