1/1 Photo of Moroccan Eggplant (Aubergine) Fritters
These are lovely to snack on with a glass of wine.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 large eggplant, peeled, cut into 2 inch pieces
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups dry breadcrumbs
- 1 cup coarsely chopped cilantro
- 1/2 cup sultana raisin
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 jalapeno chile, minced
- 2 teaspoons tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon hot paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon curry
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 pinch ground cardamom
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs, beaten to blend
- tzatziki (included in my recipes)
- 1Microwave eggplant until tender.
- 2Transfer to processor and puree.
- 3Whisk puree with 2 eggs, 1 cup breadcrumbs and all ingredients up to and including cardamon (mixture will be very soft).
- 4Place 1 rounded tablespoonful of mixture into flour and turn to coat.
- 5Dip into beaten eggs, then in remaining 1 cup breadcrumbs to coat.
- 6Flatten between palms of hands forming 3 inch oval patties.
- 7Transfer to baking sheet.
- 8Repeat, using up all of eggplant mixture.
- 9Heat 3 inches of oil (olive oil is best but vegetable oil can be substituted) in large saucepan until hot.
- 10Add patties and cook until golden-brown, about 3 minutes per side.
- 11Transfer to paper towels to drain.
- 12(may be prepared 2 hours ahead, let stand at room temperature) Serve hot or at room temperature with tzatziki.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Moroccan Eggplant (Aubergine) Fritters
Serving Size: 1 (1213 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 166.7
- Calories from Fat 26
- Total Fat 2.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 70.5 mg
- Sodium 262.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Sugars 6.1 g
- Protein 6.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: