Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr
Here's a nice change from the regular Chex Mix - you can make it savory or sweet by including the honey or not. :) Enjoy!
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon dried mint (optional)
- 4 cups Corn Chex
- 3 cups Rice Chex
- 1 -2 cup Wheat Chex, to preference
- 2 cups almonds
- 1 cup cashew pieces
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1 cup combination of chopped dried fruits, currants,and/or raisins
- 3 tablespoons finely minced crystallized ginger or 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3 tablespoons honey, if desired
- Heat oven to 250 degrees F.
- Melt the butter in a large roasting pan in the hot oven, then stir in the seasonings.
- Stir in the dry cereals and nuts until it's all evenly coated.
- Bake for 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes.
- Stir in the sesame seeds, dried fruits, and ginger.
- Drizzle with honey and stir well; let cool.
- Store in airtight container.
- Makes 10 1/2 cups Chex Mix snack.
Fantastic! Good break from the 'normal' Chex mixes!
My daughter had a school project involving a Moroccan food. She put individual servings in snack baggies for the class and had plenty left over for lunches and snacks for home. The class loved it and we will definitely make this again.