Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
nice simple side dish
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup dark seedless raisins
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 cup couscous
- 1⁄4 cup toasted pine nuts
- In a 3-quart saucepan, combine 1 1/4 cups water with cinnamon, turmeric, cumin, salt, raisins and butter; bring to a boil.
- Stir in couscous; remove from heat.
- Add pine nuts, then cover.
- Let stand 5 minutes.
- Using a fork, fluff couscous and place in a serving bowl.
I was looking for something quick to cook with couscous, and let me tell you that this is DELICIOUS! Fast, easy, and healthy. I also added some cooked chicken and extra raisins, and feel very good about serving this. Thank you soo much:)
This was really good! I added some ground beef and tripled the spices to serve as a main dish. Thanks for the recipe!