Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Another quick n easy lunch or snack that uses left over BBQ chicken.
- 2 cups dry couscous
- 2 cups boiling water (adjust according to pkt. instructions)
- 1 (440 g) can chickpeas (garbanzo beans)
- 1⁄2 cup fresh parsley, minced
- 3 spring onions, finely chopped
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Pour boiling water over the couscous in a heat-proof bowl. Let stand for 5 minutes until the water is absorbed, cool slightly.
- Add chicken,chickpeas, parsley and spring onions.
- Combine remaining ingredients in another bowl and pour over the couscous salad.
- Serve at room temperature or refrigerate until ready to serve.
this is great the ingredients go so well togther. I did not have cayenne pepper so i subed with white. but wow this is awsome. you could have it warm or cold great side dish. I made this for RECIPE SWAP #11 - December 2007
This was GOOD. Something went wrong with the couscous - it was mushy & clumpy & rather unappetizing. I can't imagine how such a thing got messed up. Mom thinks more lemon & garlic is a god idea. She's going to pass this recipe on to her cardiac rehab patients who are re-learning to cook. :) Thanks!