Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 3 cups couscous, uncooked
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 cup garbanzo beans, cooked
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 3⁄4 cup black beans, cooked
- 1⁄4 teaspoon allspice
- 1 1⁄2 cups diced tomatoes
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons nutmeg
- 1 cup chopped green onion
- 1⁄2 cup parsley
- 1 cup red wine
- 1⁄2 yellow onion
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 cup olive oil
- 2 cups baby corn, cut into 1 inch pieces
- Boil couscous in six cups of water; cover, remove from heat, and let stand for 20 to 30 minutes; chill uncovered.
- For vinaigrette, place all items, except oil and baby corn, in food processor and drizzle in oil while blending.
- Or, finely chop ingredients by hand and blend with a wire whisk.
- Mix couscous, baby corn, vinaigrette, and all other ingredients; chill overnight.
- Can be served as a side dish or as a meal.
- Serve with fresh pita bread and lettuce.
A very nice recipe. Could do with a bit more "crunch" though, e.g. some cucumber.