Delicious sweet cold salad perfect for picnic, BBQ, or pot luck.
Make and share this Moroccan Couscous Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄4 cup peanut oil or 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon turmeric
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 1⁄2-2 cups couscous
- 2 1⁄2 cups water or 2 1⁄2 cups vegetable stock
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice
- 1 -2 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 (15 ounce) can chickpeas
- 1 (8 ounce) can mandarin oranges
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 1 green bell peppers or 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup golden raisin
- 2 -3 tablespoons fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons peanuts (optional) or 2 tablespoons almonds (optional)
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in medium saucepan. Add all spices and dry couscous. Stir until fragrant, about 2 minutes. Being careful not to burn.
- Add stock and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer 5 minutes or until all liquid is absorbed. Remove from heat and let stand about 5 minutes.
- Transfer to serving bowl and fluff with a fork.
- In a small bowl combine 3 tbsp oil, orange juice, sugar, and salt to taste. Blend well.
- Add remaining veggies and dressing. Combine well. Add cilantro and nuts. Serve chilled or at room temperature.