1/1 Photo of Moroccan Couscous Salad
Delicious sweet cold salad perfect for picnic, BBQ, or pot luck.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup peanut oil or 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 1/2-2 cups couscous
- 2 1/2 cups water or 2 1/2 cups vegetable stock
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1 -2 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 (15 ounce) can chickpeas
- 1 (8 ounce) can mandarin oranges
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 1 green bell peppers or 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/4 cup golden raisin
- 2 -3 tablespoons fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons peanuts (optional) or 2 tablespoons almonds (optional)
- 1Heat 1 tbsp oil in medium saucepan. Add all spices and dry couscous. Stir until fragrant, about 2 minutes. Being careful not to burn.
- 2Add stock and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer 5 minutes or until all liquid is absorbed. Remove from heat and let stand about 5 minutes.
- 3Transfer to serving bowl and fluff with a fork.
- 4In a small bowl combine 3 tbsp oil, orange juice, sugar, and salt to taste. Blend well.
- 5Add remaining veggies and dressing. Combine well. Add cilantro and nuts. Serve chilled or at room temperature.
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Moroccan Couscous Salad
Serving Size: 1 (240 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 391.2
- Calories from Fat 93
- Total Fat 10.3 g
- Saturated Fat 1.7 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 222.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 65.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.9 g
- Sugars 11.9 g
- Protein 10.0 g