This was the healthy recipe of the day on my "MyYahoo" page. Sounds tasty! ..."Hearty enough to serve as a main course or a substantial side dish."
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 236.59 ml diced butternut squash
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 4.92 ml sea salt
- 2.46 ml ground cumin
- 1.23 ml ground ginger
- 1.23 ml ground cinnamon
- 1.23 ml paprika
- 1.23 ml garlic powder
- 0.25 ml cayenne pepper
- 236.59 ml couscous, preferably whole-wheat
- 473.18 ml boiling water
- 425.24 g can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 29.58 ml Italian parsley
- 1Place squash in a vegetable steaming basket over boiling water.
- 2Cover and steam until tender, about 5 minutes.
- 3Set aside.
- 4Spray a large saucepan with cooking spray and set the pan over medium heat.
- 5Add bell peppers and onions and cook, stirring, for 3 minutes.
- 6Add all seasonings/spices and stir to coat the vegetables.
- 7Add couscous and cook for 2 minutes.
- 8Remove the pan from the heat.
- 9Add boiling water to the pan.
- 10Cover and set aside for 7 minutes to steam.
- 11Fluff gently with a fork and add steamed squash, chickpeas and parsley.
- 12Toss to mix, serve warm.
Browse Our Top Chickpeas/Garbanzos Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chickpeas/Garbanzos Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Moroccan Couscous Pilaf
Serving Size: 1 (236 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 215.6
- Calories from Fat 10
- Total Fat 1.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 606.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 43.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.7 g
- Sugars 1.9 g
- Protein 7.8 g