LUv 2 BaKE's Note:
A healthy Moroccan dish. The array of vegetables mixed with seasonings on top of couscous provides ample nutrients and delicious flavour. I have successfully substituted rice for couscous. Recipe from "Power Eating".
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable stock or 1 1/2 cups chicken stock
- 1 cup butternut squash, cubed
- 1 cup carrot, sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon dried chili pepper flakes
- 1 medium zucchini, cut into bite sized pieces
- 19 ounces chickpeas, undrained
- 1 medium tomato, cut in large chunks
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 cup couscous or 1 cup brown rice
- 1Vegetable Mixture:.
- 2In stirfry pan, heat oil, add onion, garlic, and ginger; saute 1-2 minutes.
- 3Add vegetable broth, squash, carrots, pepper, coriander and chili pepper; cover and bring to a boil.
- 4Reduce heat, simmer 5-7 minutes or until vegetables are tender crisp.
- 5Add zucchini and undrained chick peas; cook until zucchini is tender crisp, about 2-3 minutes.
- 6Stir in tomato and parsley.
- 8In separate bowl pour 1 cup boiling water over couscous.
- 9Cover and let stand 5 minutes; fluff with a fork.
- 10If you are having rice, cook according to directions.
- 11NOTE: This is best served in a bowl with a spoon. Put some couscous in your bowl and than put the vegetable mixture on top. The vegetables are very soupy/watery but the broth is soaked up by the couscous/rice.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Moroccan Couscous (or Rice)
Serving Size: 1 (351 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 516.1
- Calories from Fat 39
- Total Fat 4.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 582.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 102.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 14.7 g
- Sugars 6.1 g
- Protein 18.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: