Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Another recipe from Epicurious. Can substitute rice, quinoa or larger couscous as well.
Make and share this Moroccan Couscous and Lentil Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup french green lentils or 1 cup brown lentils
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 1⁄4 cups water
- 1 cup couscous
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil (preferably extra-virgin)
- 1 large garlic clove, minced and mashed to a paste with 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped fresh mint leaves
- 1 bunch arugula, stems discarded and leaves washed well, spun dry, and chopped
- 2 cups vine-ripened cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1⁄4 lb feta, crumbled (about 1 cup)
- In a small saucepan simmer lentils in water to cover by 2 inches until tender but not falling apart, 15 to 20 minutes, and drain well.
- Transfer hot lentils to a bowl and stir in 1 tablespoon vinegar and salt and pepper to taste.
- Cool lentils completely, stirring occasionally.
- In a saucepan bring water to a boil and add couscous and salt.
- Remove pan from heat and let couscous stand, covered, 5 minutes.
- Fluff couscous with a fork and transfer to a large bowl. Stir in 1 tablespoon oil and cool completely, stirring occasionally.
- In a small bowl whisk together garlic paste, remaining 2 tablespoons vinegar, remaining 3 tablespoons oil, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Stir lentils and dressing into couscous. Chill salad, covered, at least 3 hours and up to 24.
- Just before serving, stir in remaining ingredients and season with salt and pepper.