Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Another recipe from Epicurious. Can substitute rice, quinoa or larger couscous as well.
- 1 cup french green lentils or 1 cup brown lentils
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 1⁄4 cups water
- 1 cup couscous
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil (preferably extra-virgin)
- 1 large garlic clove, minced and mashed to a paste with 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped fresh mint leaves
- 1 bunch arugula, stems discarded and leaves washed well, spun dry, and chopped
- 2 cups vine-ripened cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1⁄4 lb feta, crumbled (about 1 cup)
- In a small saucepan simmer lentils in water to cover by 2 inches until tender but not falling apart, 15 to 20 minutes, and drain well.
- Transfer hot lentils to a bowl and stir in 1 tablespoon vinegar and salt and pepper to taste.
- Cool lentils completely, stirring occasionally.
- In a saucepan bring water to a boil and add couscous and salt.
- Remove pan from heat and let couscous stand, covered, 5 minutes.
- Fluff couscous with a fork and transfer to a large bowl. Stir in 1 tablespoon oil and cool completely, stirring occasionally.
- In a small bowl whisk together garlic paste, remaining 2 tablespoons vinegar, remaining 3 tablespoons oil, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Stir lentils and dressing into couscous. Chill salad, covered, at least 3 hours and up to 24.
- Just before serving, stir in remaining ingredients and season with salt and pepper.