Wendys Kitchen's Note:
Another recipe from Epicurious. Can substitute rice, quinoa or larger couscous as well.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup french green lentils or 1 cup brown lentils
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 1 cup couscous
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup olive oil (preferably extra-virgin)
- 1 large garlic clove, minced and mashed to a paste with 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup finely chopped fresh mint leaves
- 1 bunch arugula, stems discarded and leaves washed well, spun dry, and chopped
- 2 cups vine-ripened cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 lb feta, crumbled (about 1 cup)
- 1In a small saucepan simmer lentils in water to cover by 2 inches until tender but not falling apart, 15 to 20 minutes, and drain well.
- 2Transfer hot lentils to a bowl and stir in 1 tablespoon vinegar and salt and pepper to taste.
- 3Cool lentils completely, stirring occasionally.
- 4In a saucepan bring water to a boil and add couscous and salt.
- 5Remove pan from heat and let couscous stand, covered, 5 minutes.
- 6Fluff couscous with a fork and transfer to a large bowl. Stir in 1 tablespoon oil and cool completely, stirring occasionally.
- 7In a small bowl whisk together garlic paste, remaining 2 tablespoons vinegar, remaining 3 tablespoons oil, and salt and pepper to taste.
- 8Stir lentils and dressing into couscous. Chill salad, covered, at least 3 hours and up to 24.
- 9Just before serving, stir in remaining ingredients and season with salt and pepper.
Browse Our Top Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Moroccan Couscous and Lentil Salad
Serving Size: 1 (191 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 362.2
- Calories from Fat 123
- Total Fat 13.6 g
- Saturated Fat 4.1 g
- Cholesterol 16.8 mg
- Sodium 414.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 44.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 11.9 g
- Sugars 2.7 g
- Protein 15.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
white wine vinegar