Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Based on a recipe from "Cuisine at Home" magazine, April 2008.
Make and share this Moroccan Couscous recipe from Food.com.
- 8 ounces baby carrots, halved lengthwise, cooked
- 4 cups yellow squash, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 red onion, cut into 1-1/2-inchcubes
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 lemon, zest of
- 3⁄4 cup couscous
- 1⁄3 cup raisins
- 1⁄2 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- Microwave carrots until slightly tender, add squash and red onion and microwave until tender.
- Combine broth, honey, lemon juice. oil, spices and lemon zest in a small saucepan, bring to a boil. Take off heat, stir in couscous and raisins, then cover and let stand until liquid is absorbed about 5 minutes.
- Fluff couscous with a fork and transfer to a large mixing bowl. Add roasted vegetables and parsley, toss to combine. Serve warm or at room temperature.