Prep 30 mins
Cook 25 mins
This dish is great served with a Lamb Tagine and Cucumber Raita.
Make and share this Moroccan Couscous recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 red onion, cut in half and thinly sliced
- 1 red bell peppers, green bell pepper or 1 yellow bell pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 zucchini, halved lengthwise and cut into 3/4-inch pieces
- 1⁄2 cup golden raisin
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- grated zest of one orange
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) canlow sodium garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 1⁄2 cups chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 1 1⁄2 cups couscous
- 3 tablespoons chopped of fresh mint
- Place a large, heavy bottomed pot over medium heat. Stir in the cumin, ginger, cloves, cayenne, cardamom, coriander, and allspice; gently toast until fragrant, about 2 to 3 minutes. Stir in oil and onion, cook until softened. Stir in the bell pepper, and zucchini; cook for 5 minutes. Stir in the raisins, salt, zest, and garbanzos.
- Pour in the chicken broth and orange juice; turn heat to high and bring to a boil. When the mixture is boiling, stir in the couscous and remove from heat; cover, and let stand 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork, and fold in chopped mint.
This is a wonderful dish. I served it with a Moroccan Chicken with Green Olives main dish and found they worked very well together.
This deserves 100 Stars. The spices and fruit are heavenly. Thanks for sharing ElizabethKnicely.