Top Review by Laughing in the Kitchen
This did not turn out great for me. I cut it in half. I found that the couscous (which I have used before successfully) did not absorb the OJ/water mixture very well. Even letting it sit a little longer did nothing to stop the mushiness! So that's sad. But, the flavor also is a little too OJ centric for my taste. HOWEVER I think this could be tweaked. Maybe less liquid, and a smaller proportion of OJ. Thanks for sharing this interesting recipe idea....it has my wheels turning on how to adapt it for my tastes :)
- 1 cup orange juice or 1 cup other juice
- 1 cup instant couscous
- 1⁄4 cup pitted dates, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup raisins
- 1⁄4 cup slivered almonds
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring juice and 1 cup water to a boil in a small pot.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in couscous and allow to sit covered for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a separate pan, saute dates, raisins, almonds and cinnamon in 1/2 cup water for 2 minutes.
- Add cooked couscous.
- Mix well and serve warm.