Recipe by AlaskaPam
This is a popular Moroccan sweet. I found this on a website called Cooking Up Peace. Posted for ZWT9
Top Review by Dienia B.
1st let me say im a horrible candy maker,but i had some condensed milk from asian coffees ,so here we are. stir edges like crazy they get brown FAST ,its very sweet and lemony cut into SMALL pieces zwt9
- 2 cups coconut, grated
- 3⁄4 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 -2 tablespoon lemon rind, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Line an 8"x8" pan with foil.
- Combine coconut, condensed milk, and sugar in a large sauce pan. Gently simmer until it reaches the "soft ball stage" which is 235F-245°F.
- When the mixture is the right temperature stir in the butter and lemon rind. Allow to cool to room temperature and then beat the mixture until it is thick and glossy. Pour into the pan lined with foil and chill. Once it is chilled, cut into small squares.