Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Summer is the perfect time for this healthy dessert salad! Choose ripe and heavy fruit for the best results. Salad needs to marinate for at least two hours for best results, so plan accordingly.
- Peel oranges and grapefruits and remove pith. Cut in between membranes to release fruit sections into a bowl.
- Squeeze juice from leftover membranes into a small bowl.
- Add orange juice, orange flower water, honey, vanilla bean seeds and cinnamon to the bowl of membrane juice and whisk.
- Strain juice over fruit and refrigerate for at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Garnish with mint leaves and serve.
Very good, had a great fresh flavor. Not to sweet.I have a friend that does oranges with cinnamon. This was even better with the vanilla bean. I did not even need the orange juice, since the oranges gave me enough juice when cutting them up.
NcMysteryShopper is going to think I can't ever follow directions! LOL. I made this for the Spring 2007 PAC. This was a lesson in pantry inventory! Vanilla bean? Nope. Okay, how about vanilla extract? No. Fine then, I'll use almond extract! I did reduce the amount of orange juice. This is nice and refreshing. I had mine with some cottage cheese on the side. Very nice. I've added some green grapes that I cut in half to the rest. Even prettier! Thanks for sharing. :)
This was absolutely fantastic! I tried it two weeks ago and have made it five times since then. My husband loves it and it hits the spot when I'm wanting something light and sweet! It does take me a while to cut the fruit, but it is well worth the effort.