Recipe by Caroline Cooks
The number of cookies may vary due to their size. Submitted for ZWT3.
Top Review by c@teberry
I made these exactly according to the recipe. They are very flavorful, but are hard to get off the pan once they cool a bit so take them off immediately (while they're still piping hot). You don't need any extra liquid if you sift the flour before you measure it and knead the dough until it holds together. In the end, they are a harder, crunchy cookie with a lot of lemon flavor.
- 2 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup oil
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup superfine sugar
- 1⁄2 lemon, zest of, grated
- ground cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Put the flour into a large bowl.
- Make a well in the center.
- Add oil, egg, sugar and grated lemon rind.
- Knead the dough.
- Grease a baking sheet and sprinkle with some flour.
- Gently form small balls from dough and flatten a little.
- Arrange them on the sheet.
- Let stand for 20 minutes.
- Sprinkle the cookies with cinnamon.
- Bake for 20 minutes.