Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Serve this classic Moroccan coffee with or without milk for an elegant ending to a Moroccan meal, or to add a special, aromatic touch to coffee hour. Use vanilla sugar as a sweetener to add another layer of flavor. Moroccans like their coffee quite strong. Use less coffee if you prefer a lighter brew. The recipe can be used in a moka, electric perk, French coffee press, or automatic drip coffee maker. Recipe from about.com **Try looking in Asian stores for orange flower water
- 118.29 ml ground coffee or 118.29 ml espresso beans
- 4.92 ml ground cinnamon
- 709.77 ml water
- 9.85 ml orange flower water (to taste)
- sugar (optional) or vanilla sugar, to taste (optional)
- hot milk (optional) or steamed milk, to taste (optional)
- Add the cinnamon to the ground coffee beans and brew the coffee according to your coffee maker's directions.
- Stir in the orange flower water.
- Serve hot with milk and sugar or vanilla sugar if desired.
This was a lovely exotic coffee Dreamer. I used a bold espresso roast (Starbucks French roast) to which I added the optional vanilla bean sugar and no milk. I really enjoyed all the flavors in this fragrant treat. Nothing was overpowering and you could taste the cinnamon, orange and vanilla. Thanks for sharing this lovely recipe made for NA/ME Fun in the Sun 2013.
The cinnamon and orange flower water adds a different and interesting taste to the coffee. Thanks Dreamer :) Made for ZWT9
Made this using greek coffee. Very fragrant. A 'special' way to begin the day.