Recipe by Reddyrat
This is a wonderful dish - full of color and flavor. It's also healthy as well. I served it with a box of garlic cous-cous
- 2⁄3 cup plain yogurt
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄2 cucumber, peeled, seeded, chopped
- 1 dash salt
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and cubed
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 (16 ounce) can chickpeas, drained with liquid reserved
- 10 ounces spinach, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄2 large lemon
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In a skillet, cook the onion in the oil over medium heat until softened.
- Add bell pepper, coriander, cumin, and tumeric. Cook for 2-3 minutes longer.
- Add the chickpeas and 4 T of their liquid. Simmer for 5 minutes, until the pepper is tender, adding about 2 T more of the reserved liquid as necessary.
- Add spinach and cook until the spinach is bright and wilted.
- Stir in lemon juice and add salt and pepper.
- Combine yogurt, garlic, cucumber, and salt in a bowl. Serve with the chickpeas.