from Garth Shnier, Executive Chef of The Western Cape Hotel & Altiraspa for showcook.com Added for WZT. Preparation time assumes that the chickpeas are canned or cooked.
- 240 g chickpeas (canned. if uncooked, soak overnight then boil until soft)
- 240 g zucchini (courgettes)
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 10 ml lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vinegar, white wine
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons honey
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 teaspoon mixed spice, paste (actually calls for spice paste take note of recipe below)
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon peppercorn, ground
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 5 teaspoons olive oil
- Blanch and refresh zucchini. Combine all ingredients and toss together.
- Spice paste: Combine all the spice paste ingredients and fry to develop flavours. Refrigerate.