- 29.58 ml safflower oil
- 2 carrots, grated
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 medium onion, chop fine (1/2 c)
- 425.24 g can chickpeas, rinse, drain
- 709.77 ml vegetable stock
- 78.07 ml tahini
- 29.58 ml lemon juice
- 14.79 ml fresh parsley, chopped
- 3.69 ml cumin, Ground
- 2.46 ml black pepper
- 2.46 ml thyme leaves
- 1.23 ml powdered turmeric
- 0.59 ml cayenne pepper
- toasted sesame seeds, minced scallions, finely chopped tomatoes (optional) or herbed garlic-flavored croutons (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In 4-5 quart saucepan, heat oil.
- Add carrots, garlic, and onion; cook until tender.
- Set aside.
- Meanwhile, in food processor, puree chickpeas, 1 cup of vegetable stock, tahini, and lemon juice.
- Stir pureed mixture into saucepan.
- Add remaining ingredients including vegetable stock.
- Cover and cook for 5 minutes to heat through.
- Top with garnish if desired.
- •VARIATIONS: Substitute olive oil for safflower oil.