Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
Marinated, slightly spicy Middle Eastern-style chickpea salad. I bought something like this at a fancy grocery store but peeked at the ingredients and decided I could make it at home. It can be healthy, too, and it's easy to make.
- 4 (14 1/2 ounce) cans chickpeas
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans artichoke hearts
- 1⁄2 onion
- 1 bell pepper (red, yellow, or orange is nice)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley flakes
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons cayenne powder
- Rinse and drain chickpeas.
- Drain artichoke hearts and cut into smaller pieces.
- Chop onion and bell pepper.
- Whisk together oil, vinegar, lemon juice, parsley, and cayenne.
- Pour dressing over vegetables and stir to coat.
- Allow salad to marinate for a few hours or overnight.
- I do not add salt. Canned vegetables are salty, anyway (which is one reason I rinsed the chickpeas), but since the dressing is vinegar, lemon juice, and cayenne, you really don't need to add any salt.
- You can also use fresh or dried-and-cooked chickpeas instead, of course.