Prep 20 mins
Cook 5 mins
From a low GI Cookbook. Times are estimated. Given a low GI rating.
Make and share this Moroccan Chickpea Dip recipe from Food.com.
- 400 g chickpeas (13oz rinsed and drained)
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice (60ml/2floz)
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 cup coriander (fresh leaves, cilantro 15g/1/2oz)
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil (60ml/2floz)
- 1 green capsicum (medium bell pepper)
- 2 tomatoes (medium ripe)
- sea salt
- celery rib (sticks to serve)
- Put the chickpeas, tahini, lemon juice, half the garlic and the cumin into a food processor and process until smooth.
- With the motor running, add the coriander and olive oil and process until smooth, transfer to a bowl and then cover and set aside.
- Cook the capsicum and tomatoes on a lightly oiled chargrill pan or barbecue plate until the skins have blackened and then transfer to a plastic bag and allow to cool and then peel the capsicum and tomatoes (the best way to do this is to put a cross in the bottom and plunge into boiling water for about 30 seconds, remove and peel), remove the seeds and finely chop the flesh.
- Chop the remaining garlic and combine with the chopped capsicum and tomatoes and season with sea salt and pepper.
- Spoon the capsicum mixture onto the chickpea dip and serve with celery sticks for scooping.
- Serves 8 as a snack.
Made the dip but not the topping and it was fabulous. I picked the coriander fresh from the garden and served the dip with rice crackers.
Mr. gailanng! PACK DA BAGS! We're going to Morocco. Moroccan Chickpea Dip is there!!! Made for A-NZ #58 Recipe Tag.