Recipe by Mistress of Tea
No need to feel guilty about snacking on this dip!! It's great!! I snagged it off a recipe card and I like the fact that the hot sauce eliminates a need for loads of salt.
Top Review by Mia #3
This looks fantastic, I'm going to give it a try tomorrow night as I'm having friends over. I just cilantro I always have it handy in my garden, its a must around my house. Looks like a very interes- ting combination, I'm sure I'll love it, thanks for posting.
- 1 garlic clove
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 (15 ounce) can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce (I use Tobasco, and you can add more if you like it spicy!)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In food processor process garlic until minced.
- Add cilantro and process until finely chopped, 10 - 20 seconds.
- Add chick-peas, lemon juice, olive oil, salt and hot sauce.
- Process until very smooth.
- Place dip in serving bowl and refrigerate until chilled and ready to serve.
- Serve with veggie slices, pita wedges, fat free pretzels or other chips.