Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Posted for ZWT '07. Serve over couscous. I added about 1/2 Teaspoon red pepper flakes for a little heat.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 36 ounces boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- salt and pepper
- 6 ounces prunes, diced
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1⁄2 cup golden raisin
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup almonds, toasted
- 3 ripe tomatoes, peeled and seeded
- In the oil brown the chicken breasts on both sides.
- Add cinnamon, tomatoes, broth and salt and pepper. Bring to a boil, lower heat and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Mix together prunes, honey and raisins.
- Add prune mixture to chicken and simmer for an additional 5 minutes.
- Top with toasted almonds. Serve over rice or couscous.