1/2 Photos of Moroccan Chicken (With Prunes)
Chicken with cinnamon and lemon, spicy and delicious. Note: I've put za'atar spice mix, because it wouldn't accept Morroccan and this was the closest, if you can buy it we have Morroccan spice blend here in Aus.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Sprinkle half the spice blend over the chicken. Heat the oil and 20g of the butter in a large saucepan or deep-sided frying pan over medium heat.
- 2Cook the chicken in two batches for 5 minutes,or until evenly browned. Remove from the pan, then add the onion and cinnamon stick and cook for 2-3 minutres before adding the garlic.
- 3Return the chicken to the pan and add the lemon juice and the remaining spice blend. Season, then cook, covered for 5 minutes.
- 4Add the stock and prunes to the pan and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat to medium-low and cook, uncovered, for 15 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked and the liquid has reduced to a sauce. Before serving, stir 20g of the butter into the sauce.
- 5About 10 minutes before the chicken is ready, place the couscous in a heatproof bowl, add 1 1/2 cups of the boiling water and stand for 3-5 minutes. Stir in the remaining butter and fluff with a fork until the butter has melted and the grains separate. Serve with the chicken.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Moroccan Chicken (With Prunes)
Serving Size: 1 (412 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 711.3
- Calories from Fat 221
- Total Fat 24.5 g
- Saturated Fat 10.4 g
- Cholesterol 199.8 mg
- Sodium 352.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 70.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.3 g
- Sugars 10.8 g
- Protein 50.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
za'atar spice mix