1/1 Photo of Moroccan Chicken with Preserved Lemons
Submitted in response to a recipe request by Friedel.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 lbs chicken thighs, skinned and rinsed
- 1 large chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup kalamata olive (optional)
- 2 1/2 moroccan preserved lemons, cut in quarters
- 1/4 cup finely chopped cilantro (optional)
- 1Pour oil into a 10-12" frying pan over medium-high heat.
- 2Add chicken and turn pieces often to brown on all sides, about 15 minutes.
- 3Lift out chicken and set aside.
- 4Remove all but 1 tablespoon oil from the pan.
- 5Add the onion, stir often over medium-high heat until tinged with brown, about 5 minutes.
- 6Stir in paprika, ginger, turmeric, and pepper.
- 7Add 1 cup water, chicken, olives, 6 preserved lemon quarters, and 1 tablespoon preserved lemon liquid.
- 8Cover pan and simmer, turning once, until meat is no longer pink at the bone (cut to test), about 20-25 minutes.
- 9Skim and discard fat.
- 10Transfer the chicken and sauce to a wide bowl.
- 11Garnish chicken with remaining lemon wedges and cilantro.
- 12NOTE: For less sodium, use ripe olives instead of calamatas.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Moroccan Chicken with Preserved Lemons
Serving Size: 1 (405 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 801.4
- Calories from Fat 531
- Total Fat 59.0 g
- Saturated Fat 15.9 g
- Cholesterol 286.5 mg
- Sodium 261.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 1.7 g
- Protein 59.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: