This is another simple, easy and quick meal to put together, it is a good mid week, no fuss meal, that can be on the table in about 35 Min's. This recipe serves 4 but can be halved if just making for 2. I made this with chicken breasts coated them in the spice mixture, cooked them and then sliced thickly, but you could also use tenders or thigh fillets instead. Feel free to adjust spice quantaties to suit your personal tastes.
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 teaspoons lemon rind, finely grated
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1 red capsicum, sliced thinly
- 2 (100 g) sachet's quick-cooking couscous (I buy my couscous in a box of 4 quick cooking sachets each one serves 2, so make according to your b)
- 1 -2 teaspoon vegetable bouillon granules
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup roasted pistachios, chopped coarsely
- 2 tablespoons sultanas, chopped roughly
- 1⁄2 cup fresh coriander, chopped coarsely
- Combine spices and rind in a bowl mix well, add chicken one breast at a time and rub spice mixture firmly into chicken. Cook chicken in a heated, oiled fry pan until browned on both sides and cooked through. Remove and set to one side.
- In same cleaned pan add capsicum and cook for 1 minute, stirring.
- While chicken is cooking, boil enough water to cover sachet's, with 1-2 teaspoons of vegetable stock added, place sachet's in water and cook for 1-2 min's until couscous softens.
- Cut bag open and pour into a large bowl fluff with fork, stir in juice and oil.
- Stir in nuts, sultana's and coriander.
- To Serve: Place couscous in a serving bowl, top with sliced chicken and capsicum.
Absolutely devine meal and thoroughly enjoyed by my husband and I. Quick and easy to prepare and cook. I used chicken thighs as I didn't have breasts available. Made for Recipe Swap June 2009.
Impressive and delish! I wouldn't change a thing. I added extra cilantro and raisins, but other than that I made it your way. Thanks for a quick, healthy and beautiful meal.