Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
If you are looking for a different way to cook chicken this recipe is for you. It's savory flavors are sure to please even the most choosy of eaters. I developed this recipe while working at a restaurant. We had an abundance of olives that were left over after using the juice to make Dirty Martinis and I wanted to make use of them and this is what I came up with.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon granulated garlic
- 1⁄4 cup red wine
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, grated
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- 1 tablespoon cilantro
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 1 (10 ounce) jar olives, drained and cut in half
- 1 tomatoes, chopped
- Heat a heavy bottom saute` pan over a medium high heat.
- Add 2 Tbl of the olive oil and swirl pan to coat.
- Season each side of chicken breasts with granulated garlic and place in pan skin side down.
- Saute` for about 3 minutes and flip.
- Cover pan and turn down heat.
- Allow chicken to cook through until no pink remains.
- Turn heat back up and deglaze pan with red wine.
- Remove chicken breasts and keep warm.
- Add remaining olive oil.
- Add onion and saute` until soft.
- Add chopped garlic, ginger salt, pepper and spices.
- Saute` for 2 minutes and add remaining ingredients.
- Saute` for 3 minutes and spoon olive mixture over warm chicken breasts.