These chicken wings are baked with a love of spice! Toasting the spices that are used in the marinade intensifies their flavor so don't skip that step. Adapted from BH&G magazine.
- 14.79 ml ground cinnamon
- 9.85 ml cracked black pepper
- 3.69 ml ground coriander
- 2.46 ml ground cumin
- 2.46 ml ground cloves
- 2.46 ml ground cardamom
- 29.58 ml paprika
- 4 garlic cloves, pressed (or mashed )
- 29.58 ml dark brown sugar
- 4.92 ml salt
- 4.92 ml red pepper flakes
- 29.58 ml olive oil
- 29.58 ml fresh lemon juice
- 1814.36 g chicken wings
- For the marinade, toast cinnamon, pepper, coriander, cumin, cloves and cardamom in skillet over medium-high heat until very fragrant, 2 to 3 minutes; cool.
- Transfer to small bowl. Stir in paprika, garlic, sugar, salt, pepper flakes, oil, juice.
- Cut wing tips off chicken; halve wings at joint. Combine wings with marinade in plastic bag. Chill in refrigerator 45 minutes.
- Heat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Spread wings in large rimmed baking sheet.
- Bake in oven 25 minutes, turning occasionally. Increase heat to broil. Cook wings under broiler 10 minutes or until skin is crisp. Enjoy!
- Note: If you have mortar and pestle, substitute seeds for ground, and grind together. Use 1/2 teaspoon coriander seeds, 1/4 teaspoon cumin seeds, 1/4 teaspoon cardamom seeds.
- Makes 8 servings.