Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
These chicken wings are baked with a love of spice! Toasting the spices that are used in the marinade intensifies their flavor so don't skip that step. Adapted from BH&G magazine.
- 14.79 ml ground cinnamon
- 9.85 ml cracked black pepper
- 3.69 ml ground coriander
- 2.46 ml ground cumin
- 2.46 ml ground cloves
- 2.46 ml ground cardamom
- 29.58 ml paprika
- 4 garlic cloves, pressed (or mashed )
- 29.58 ml dark brown sugar
- 4.92 ml salt
- 4.92 ml red pepper flakes
- 29.58 ml olive oil
- 29.58 ml fresh lemon juice
- 1814.36 g chicken wings
- For the marinade, toast cinnamon, pepper, coriander, cumin, cloves and cardamom in skillet over medium-high heat until very fragrant, 2 to 3 minutes; cool.
- Transfer to small bowl. Stir in paprika, garlic, sugar, salt, pepper flakes, oil, juice.
- Cut wing tips off chicken; halve wings at joint. Combine wings with marinade in plastic bag. Chill in refrigerator 45 minutes.
- Heat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Spread wings in large rimmed baking sheet.
- Bake in oven 25 minutes, turning occasionally. Increase heat to broil. Cook wings under broiler 10 minutes or until skin is crisp. Enjoy!
- Note: If you have mortar and pestle, substitute seeds for ground, and grind together. Use 1/2 teaspoon coriander seeds, 1/4 teaspoon cumin seeds, 1/4 teaspoon cardamom seeds.
- Makes 8 servings.
Woozer's...these have some flavor to them...what an interesting wing dish...we really enjoyed the change...this was extremely easy to prepare...just looks like a long list of ingredients...I cut the recipe down to 2 servings...it's a keeper...thanks for posting it...=)
What can I say but WOW great potatoes, I baked at 175C fan forced for a total of 45 to 50 minutes and they were beautifully tender and so full of flavour, thank you Sharon1w23. made for Named that Ingredient tag game.
Excellent wings! The blend of spices were wonderful and complemented one another perfectly. The wings were easy to prepare and cook. They were, as they say, finger-lickin' good! Thank you for posting. Made for the Soup-A-Stars during ZWT9