1/9 Photos of Moroccan Chicken Wings
These chicken wings are baked with a love of spice! Toasting the spices that are used in the marinade intensifies their flavor so don't skip that step. Adapted from BH&G magazine.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons cracked black pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 4 garlic cloves, pressed (or mashed )
- 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 4 lbs chicken wings
- 1For the marinade, toast cinnamon, pepper, coriander, cumin, cloves and cardamom in skillet over medium-high heat until very fragrant, 2 to 3 minutes; cool.
- 2Transfer to small bowl. Stir in paprika, garlic, sugar, salt, pepper flakes, oil, juice.
- 3Cut wing tips off chicken; halve wings at joint. Combine wings with marinade in plastic bag. Chill in refrigerator 45 minutes.
- 4Heat oven to 450 degrees F.
- 5Spread wings in large rimmed baking sheet.
- 6Bake in oven 25 minutes, turning occasionally. Increase heat to broil. Cook wings under broiler 10 minutes or until skin is crisp. Enjoy!
- 7Note: If you have mortar and pestle, substitute seeds for ground, and grind together. Use 1/2 teaspoon coriander seeds, 1/4 teaspoon cumin seeds, 1/4 teaspoon cardamom seeds.
- 8Makes 8 servings.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Moroccan Chicken Wings
Serving Size: 1 (243 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 561.1
- Calories from Fat 360
- Total Fat 40.0 g
- Saturated Fat 10.7 g
- Cholesterol 174.7 mg
- Sodium 459.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 3.6 g
- Protein 42.1 g