Recipe by Sharon123
These chicken wings are baked with a love of spice! Toasting the spices that are used in the marinade intensifies their flavor so don't skip that step. Adapted from BH&G magazine.
Top Review by teresas
Woozer's...these have some flavor to them...what an interesting wing dish...we really enjoyed the change...this was extremely easy to prepare...just looks like a long list of ingredients...I cut the recipe down to 2 servings...it's a keeper...thanks for posting it...=)
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons cracked black pepper
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 4 garlic cloves, pressed (or mashed )
- 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 4 lbs chicken wings
Directions See How It's Made
- For the marinade, toast cinnamon, pepper, coriander, cumin, cloves and cardamom in skillet over medium-high heat until very fragrant, 2 to 3 minutes; cool.
- Transfer to small bowl. Stir in paprika, garlic, sugar, salt, pepper flakes, oil, juice.
- Cut wing tips off chicken; halve wings at joint. Combine wings with marinade in plastic bag. Chill in refrigerator 45 minutes.
- Heat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Spread wings in large rimmed baking sheet.
- Bake in oven 25 minutes, turning occasionally. Increase heat to broil. Cook wings under broiler 10 minutes or until skin is crisp. Enjoy!
- Note: If you have mortar and pestle, substitute seeds for ground, and grind together. Use 1/2 teaspoon coriander seeds, 1/4 teaspoon cumin seeds, 1/4 teaspoon cardamom seeds.
- Makes 8 servings.