Prep 25 mins
Cook 35 mins
A tiny bit of saffron lends an incredible and unique flavor to this otherwise ordinary dish.
Make and share this Moroccan Chicken W/ Brown Rice recipe from Food.com.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 chicken breasts, chopped into 1-inch pieces 3/4 c white onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 pinch saffron
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cumin seed
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground red chili pepper
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1⁄2 cup brown rice
- black pepper
- Prepare rice according to package directions.
- In medium skillet, heat oil.
- Brown onions & garlic then transfer to large saucepan.
- Brown chicken in skillet (will not be cooked through) and transfer to saucepan.
- Add to saucepan all other ingredients except rice & corn starch.
- Bring to boil then reduce and simmer 30 minutes.
- Add corn starch a little at a time & stir until thickened to desired consistency.
- Spoon over bed of rice & serve!