1/1 Photo of Moroccan Chicken W/ Brown Rice
Mims & Squims's Note:
A tiny bit of saffron lends an incredible and unique flavor to this otherwise ordinary dish.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 chicken breasts, chopped into 1-inch pieces 3/4 c white onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 pinch saffron
- 1/8 teaspoon cumin seed
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon ground red chili pepper
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 cup brown rice
- black pepper
- 1Prepare rice according to package directions.
- 2In medium skillet, heat oil.
- 3Brown onions & garlic then transfer to large saucepan.
- 4Brown chicken in skillet (will not be cooked through) and transfer to saucepan.
- 5Add to saucepan all other ingredients except rice & corn starch.
- 6Bring to boil then reduce and simmer 30 minutes.
- 7Add corn starch a little at a time & stir until thickened to desired consistency.
- 8Spoon over bed of rice & serve!
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Moroccan Chicken W/ Brown Rice
Serving Size: 1 (511 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 559.2
- Calories from Fat 210
- Total Fat 23.3 g
- Saturated Fat 5.5 g
- Cholesterol 92.8 mg
- Sodium 867.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 45.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.5 g
- Sugars 3.6 g
- Protein 39.7 g