Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Serve over a bed of couscous. From Cooking Light, November 2001.
Make and share this Moroccan Chicken Thighs recipe from Food.com.
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1⁄2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup dried fig, quartered
- 1⁄4 cup green olives, chopped
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons marsala
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add chicken; cook 5 minutes or until browned, stirring frequently.
- Stir in the chopped cilantro and remaining ingredients; reduce heat to medium, and cook for 8 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Serve over couscous.
This was absolutely wonderful. I've never tasted anything quite like it -- the combination of olives, figs, marsala, honey and balsamic vinegar was really delicious. I made the recipe exactly as written, and I think I wouldn't change anything about it. Thank you so much for posting this!