Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is another one of those amazing recipes that I get from my upstairs neighbor. I have to actually watch her cook so I can get approximate measurements. In my next life, I want to be Moroccan!
- In a large pot, melt the margarine.
- Fry the chopped onions until soft, then add the chicken, salt, pepper, turmeric and cinnamon sticks.
- Don't worry, no one will make you eat a cinnamon stick unless you really want to.
- Add enough water to cover the chicken, about two cups.
- Bring to a boil, reduce the heat, and simmer until the chicken is done, adding water if necessary.
- Remove the chicken pieces.
- Add the apricots and simmer for about fifteen minutes.
- Add the ground cinnamon and the honey, stir and cook until the sauce has a honey-like consistency.
- Add more honey if necessary.
- When the sauce is almost ready, saute the almonds in oil.
- Drain most of the oil from the pan, and toast the sesame seeds.
- Return the chicken to the pot and reheat.
- Place the chicken on a serving tray, pour the sauce on top of it and top with the almonds and the sesame seeds.
- Serve with couscous (except on Passover).