1 hr 15 mins
This is another one of those amazing recipes that I get from my upstairs neighbor. I have to actually watch her cook so I can get approximate measurements. In my next life, I want to be Moroccan!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large pot, melt the margarine.
- 2Fry the chopped onions until soft, then add the chicken, salt, pepper, turmeric and cinnamon sticks.
- 3Don't worry, no one will make you eat a cinnamon stick unless you really want to.
- 4Add enough water to cover the chicken, about two cups.
- 5Bring to a boil, reduce the heat, and simmer until the chicken is done, adding water if necessary.
- 6Remove the chicken pieces.
- 7Add the apricots and simmer for about fifteen minutes.
- 8Add the ground cinnamon and the honey, stir and cook until the sauce has a honey-like consistency.
- 9Add more honey if necessary.
- 10When the sauce is almost ready, saute the almonds in oil.
- 11Drain most of the oil from the pan, and toast the sesame seeds.
- 12Return the chicken to the pot and reheat.
- 13Place the chicken on a serving tray, pour the sauce on top of it and top with the almonds and the sesame seeds.
- 14Serve with couscous (except on Passover).
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Moroccan Chicken Tagine With Honey and Apricots
Serving Size: 1 (457 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1222.9
- Calories from Fat 711
- Total Fat 79.1 g
- Saturated Fat 17.7 g
- Cholesterol 207.0 mg
- Sodium 596.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 76.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.0 g
- Sugars 65.1 g
- Protein 57.4 g