Recipe by **Jubes**
An easy chicken tagine recipe - serve with cous cous or quinoa as a side. A budget friendly meal
Top Review by PaulaG
This is amazing! The hardest part is to assemble and measure the spices. This was made as per recipe. The instructions were easy to follow and the flavor is wonderful. It was served with quinoa and Recipe #505784.
Moroccan Spice Blend
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper, coarse ground
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 small brown onions
- 1 tablespoon olive oil or 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 400 g chicken thigh fillets, diced
- 800 g diced tomatoes
- 800 g chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 200 ml chicken stock
- 1⁄2 lemon
- 1 cup water
Directions See How It's Made
- Finely dice the onions and sauté in a large pot with the spice mix, using the olive oil.
- When the onions and spice mix starts to give off a fragrant smell, add in the diced chicken. Fry this off for 2 minutes.
- Add the cans tomato, stock, 1 cup of water, chickpeas and the juice of half a lemon.
- Season with salt and pepper and let this simmer for 15 minutes. If it gets to thick too quickly add in more water.