Prep 20 mins
Cook 4 hrs
This is a crockpot recipe.
Make and share this Moroccan Chicken Stew recipe from Food.com.
- 4 carrots, peeled
- 2 large onions, thinly sliced
- 3 lbs chicken pieces, skin removed (e.g. breast,thigh, drumsticks)
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1⁄2 cup dried apricot
- 1 (14 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1⁄4 cup tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (8 ounce) box couscous
- 3 tablespoons pine nuts
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- Place carrots & onions into crockpot.
- Sprinkle chicken with ~1/2 tsp salt, and add it to the crockpot.
- Top chicken with raisins, apricots.
- In a small bowl, whisk together chicken broth, tomato paste, flour, lemon juice, garlic, cumin, ginger, cinnamon, and pepper.
- Pour mixture over the top of chicken.
- Cook in crockpot on *low* for 6.5 - 7 hrs, *high* for 3.5 - 4 hrs.
- Shortly before the meal, cook couscous according to instructions on box.
- Toast the pine nuts.
- Serve in shallow bowl over couscous, sprinkled with toasted pine nuts.