Vino Girl's Note:
I got this one in my email today from a local grocery store.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 (6 ounce) boneless skinless chicken breast halves or 18 ounces chicken tenders, cut into 1/2 to 3/4 inch cubes
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon hot paprika (or 3/4 teaspoon sweet paprika plus 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper)
- 5 cups chicken stock
- 2 medium zucchini
- 1/2 cup uncooked instant couscous
- 1 (16 ounce) can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- fresh ground black pepper
- 8 sprigs cilantro, chopped
- 1Put the oil in a deep, heavy skillet over medium-high heat.
- 2Add chicken to the skillet, raise the heat to high, and stir once or twice.
- 3When chicken has browned, add the onion, cumin, ginger, and paprika.
- 4Stir and cook for 1 minute.
- 5Add the stock to the skillet and stir, scraping any bits from the bottom.
- 6Cover and bring to a boil, about 2 minutes.
- 7Meanwhile, trim the zucchini and slice in half lengthwise, next cut crosswise into 1/4-inch-wide half-moons.
- 8When the soup comes to a boil, add the zucchini and the couscous to the skillet, stir, and cover.
- 9Add chickpeas to the skillet.
- 10Cover and let the soup return to a boil, then lower the heat slightly so the soup simmers briskly for 4 minutes.
- 11Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- 12Stir cilantro into the soup, cook for 1 minute, and serve.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Moroccan Chicken Soup
Serving Size: 1 (702 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 564.5
- Calories from Fat 126
- Total Fat 14.0 g
- Saturated Fat 2.5 g
- Cholesterol 82.9 mg
- Sodium 869.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 61.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.2 g
- Sugars 7.7 g
- Protein 47.4 g